The Teacher & Society

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Rob Whiteman

Postby Rob Whiteman » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:36 pm

I would just like to add my belated congratulations to those who acted. I am involved in the educational field and will continue to keep a close watch. We can only continue to hope and pray that the right thing will eventually be done.
Rob
St Vedast 1975-6

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:22 pm

Still no news on what happened inside the conference, I'm afraid. I was in touch with one of the scheduled speakers before the conference but since the event he's been silent. I wonder if the ERT told him something about me...

If anybody knows anything about what went on at the conference, please post it here!

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:59 pm

Happy New Year!

For the official ERT report on the conference, click here: http://www.education-renaissance-trust.org.uk/teacher03.htm

ET

Postby ET » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:10 am

Well having skimmed through all that, it seems a fairly typical SES event. Funny how the same themes arise again and again - meditation for better concentration, using the left brain and not the right (because the right side makes children too independent), and the SES's great friend at the moment, Marsilio Ficino (who my SES relatives read incessantly). And the same names crop up too - Boddy, David, Woodhead, Art of Hospitality.

No surprise that there is no mention of the leafleting or any questions that may have been asked at the conference as a result. "Let's just ignore the whole thing and then it will go away."

It's so sad to see certain parts of the teaching world having the wool pulled over their eyes so effectively. Without knowing the more sinister side to the SES and its schools, all of the arguments made during that conference sound rational and even radical. Let's hope that a few of our leaflets caused some of the attendees to think again.
Pupil at St James Girl's School from 1979-1989, from age 4-14. Parents ex-members of SES.

bonsai

Postby bonsai » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:42 am

ET wrote:Well having skimmed through all that, it seems a fairly typical SES event.

Very SES. The ERT is just a front for promoting the SES way. It is probably the worst front in how it reaches the outside world, choosing a vulnerable group and playing on their demoralisations and then telling them that they have an answer. St James methods and records are at best questionable. It is just the same as every cult with its separate front organisations.

One thing I'd like to know is how many of the speakers are active or past members of the SES. I know Valerie Rees and David Boddy are but I cannot speak for the rest. I hate the way that the fact that their SES credentials are not mentioned given that this is what gives them their motivation and radical approach but instead they try to hide behind so called conventional credentials.

ET wrote:No surprise that there is no mention of the leafleting or any questions that may have been asked at the conference as a result. "Let's just ignore the whole thing and then it will go away."

Well I would not expect to find any mention in the official transcript as that would be far too much acknowledgement on their part. I do hope however that some of the delegates were brave enough to ask questions.

ET wrote:It's so sad to see certain parts of the teaching world having the wool pulled over their eyes so effectively. Without knowing the more sinister side to the SES and its schools, all of the arguments made during that conference sound rational and even radical. Let's hope that a few of our leaflets caused some of the attendees to think again.

I hope that even if they did not ask questions that they were motivated to follow up some of the suggestions on the leaflets.

Bonsai

Free

Postby Free » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:44 am

<delete>

Return to “St James and St Vedast”