Hello - where is everyone at?

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Ben W

Hello - where is everyone at?

Postby Ben W » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:34 am

I've popped in occasionally over the past 7 months (since my last contribution) and wondered along with everyone else how come everything has died down.

On returning this time I decided to create a thread where anyone who visits occasionally but doesn't contribute (especially but not exclusively previous contributers) can give us an update.

Let me start.

Work continues to dominate much of my waking hours. I've recently become much more active in the area of climate change and am working both within my own organisation and with a number of corporates in Australia in establishing programmes to start responding to the issues and opportunities. Beyond that I'm in a period of very significant personal growth - something to do with being 47 perhaps. I feel it is all positive, but it is scary too as it has the potential to significantly change the way I interract with my friends and family.

I do wonder about this site and where it is at, and more importantly where those most damaged (both perpetrators and victims) are. I personally feel that Lambie's apology was a very positive step forward. It would be nice to see personal apologies from the rest of those who have not yet done so - you know who you are. I know from that time that Lambie received much encouragement from the more emancipated SES members to take this step - perhaps those people now need to direct their energies towards those individuals who are yet to take this step.

Anyway, that's enough from me. I encourage all occasional visitors to write a few lines to update us on your situation.

Best wishes,
Ben
Child member of SES from around 1967 to around 1977; Strongly involved in Sunday Schools ; Five brothers and sisters went to ST V and St J in the worst years

bonsai

Postby bonsai » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:40 am

Ben W wrote:I've popped in occasionally over the past 7 months (since my last contribution) and wondered along with everyone else how come everything has died down.

I don't really know where I am. I personally have spent a lot of time soul searching and investigating my own belief system and am now much more comfortable on this front.

In terms of addressing the past, my main focus is attempting to address the issues with my parents. This is proving incredibly difficult and I am struggling with it a lot, particularly with my father, who I now recognise as being completely brainwashed. Whilst he seems willing to talk and will generally give me the time he seems to lack any real empathy.

I have not been involved in the inquiry process and so have not been involved with the reconciliation. Part of me wants to be but at the same time I recognise that little can come of it until the organisations are willing to embrace change and listen. I accept that my past is my past. I would still like to do what I can to ensure that the lesson of the past are learnt and that these so called “mistakes” can not be allowed to be made again.

Other than that, like you Ben, I am busy at work.

Personally my view is that the site outage killed the momentum that was on the site. It is certainly nice to see a little more activity now as I believe the only way these organisations respond is to concerted pressure.

Bonsai

Return to “St James and St Vedast”