PRISON TIME FOR ST JAMES INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS STAFF?

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Justice

PRISON TIME FOR ST JAMES INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS STAFF?

Postby Justice » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:32 pm

The Daily Mail has published a major story today concerning Derek Slade, a former boarding school head who sexually and physically abused boy pupils and was today given a 21-year jail term.

Slade, who had no teaching qualifications, hit boys with a slipper, a table tennis bat and his bare hand.

Prosecutors said Slade meted out 'brutal' beatings. He had hit boys with a slipper, a table tennis bat and his bare hand, ordered youngsters to write about 'whackings I have had' and given 'kickings' to boys who upset him.

Have any former pupils of St. James / St Vedast who suffered physical abuse at the hands of teaching staff considered launching private prosecutions against their tormentors - possibly using 'No Win - No Fee' Solicitors?

See the Daily Mail story at:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -boys.html

Justice

Re: PRISON TIME FOR ST JAMES INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS STAFF?

Postby Justice » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:36 am

The Association of Child Abuse Lawyers (ACAL), among others, might be able to help find a suitable lawyer for you:

http://www.childabuselawyers.com/index.htm

A quote from their website:

"The Association of Child Abuse Lawyers is a company limited by guarantee set up for the benefit of lawyers, experts and other professionals involved in the field of obtaining compensation for the physical, sexual or emotional abuse of children and adults abused in childhood, as well as the mentally handicapped and others directly or indirectly affected by that abuse. The Association began in late 1997 as a result of concerns within the legal profession that people who have been abused were either unable to find lawyers to take on their cases or were experiencing poor standards of advice and assistance from those lawyers whom they had instructed. There are also concerns about the ability of lawyers and other experts to deal effectively with these traumatic cases."

Justice

Postby Justice » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:07 pm

The October edition of "The Independent Schools Show Magazine" has just landed on my doormat.

On page 33 under the heading "Talkingheads" Laura Hyde, Headmistress at St. James Senior Girls School writes:

........"A typical day for me involves...taking assembly; teaching philosophy as a means to introducing wisdom from our eastern and western traditions to the girls......."etc.

Whereas the other schools tend to mention their religious and other affiliations, oddly enough, in both Laura Hyde's article and the two colour advertisements for St. James Senior Girls School and St. James Junior School for boys and girls, there is no mention of the School of Economic Science and its connection with the schools.

Nor is there any mention of the list of weird characters the schools are linked to, such as:

'Mystic' Hindu HinShri Shantananda Saraswati

Leon MacLaren etc.

Whilst this is clearly unethical, one cant help wondering whether they are are in breach of any laws or regulations by hiding these facts?

If you want to raise the matter with the show organisers, their contact details can be seen at:

http://www.schoolsshow.co.uk/about/index.php

Also, it could be worth raising any of your concerns, old or new, with the new Secretary of State for Education, the Rt. Hon. Michael Gove MP. You can view his contact details at:

http://www.michaelgove.com/contact

Good luck!

sydneykatieking

Postby sydneykatieking » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:33 am

I was involved with Sydney SOP from 1969-1980 where the children of members had to be in SOP school all day Saturday and so-called Sunday School. I did not witness this, but got it from other mothers and the children that children had bars of soap forced into their mouths if they said bad things, like 'poo poo,' or talked back to the autocratic bullies in charge. The worst I heard was a young, untrained, unprofessional young woman (Miss R, who had no business whatsoever being with young children) slapped a young girl (initials are JM, both her parents and brother were in SOP at the time) in the face because she hesitated in answering a question. At the time this caused quite a stir because it was one thing for adults putting up with abuse, but quite another for the children to be so attacked. There was no control over these bullies in charge of our children and heaven help me I don't know where my own common sense was. Of course, this is a chargeable offence and should have been reported to the police. But we were too intimidated to do the right thing by our children. Had I had the courage at the time, I could have gone to the police and helped close down the whole dysfunctional indoctrination and abuse of our children, but we had been so brainwashed about keeping everything secret. In fact, the word 'dysfunction' was not in current use then. Nor was 'cult,' The Jonestown massacre (hey, drink this Kool-Aid) happened but failed to wake me up to just how sick and destructive SOP was to the individual. Under the guise of 'waking up' we were slowly, consistently, deliberately put to sleep. We drank our own type of Kool-Aid. We believed we were the elite, the privileged and our children were 'lucky' to be raised 'in the Teaching.' Only the adults believed this nonsense: the childen were not fooled, not happy, were not allowed a balanced, normal childhood. There was this obsession with 'sanskara,' so children were not suppose to have any unstructured free time because that would give their sanskara free-rein.

I don't know if Mr and Mrs M (parents of the girl who was slapped in the face) ever confronted SOP or the 'ladies' in charge of the children or whether they went to the police. My son was one of the original victims of SOP childcare and child psychology and it is a guilt I will carry for the rest of my life. I know of 2 suicides from that first group of children, there may be more, as well as mental illness. We were dupped into thinking that we should raise our children according to Plato, who believed that children should be taken away from their parents. Leon MacLaren once said during a visit that a child's parents can be the worst company for a child, which in SOP-talk meant our children were to be raised by unloving strangers. It was all very sick.

Horray for any justice for these abusers of children.
Sydney SOP survivor 1969-1980, proud contributor to the expose, Secret Cult.

Moxons

Postby Moxons » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:29 am

@ sydneykatieking

A slap in the face? Luxury!

I believe I knew the Miss R you mention, although there were two crusty, bitter old ladies with that initial I can think of...

I was in a group of five young boys between 1970 and 1980 ( I was aged 7-17), and we always had completely unqualified men in charge of us for our Saturday and Sunday groups. The treatment we became accustomed to makes a slap on the face seem like a friendly gesture of kindness. The poor older blokes had no idea how to control 5 young boys, and obviously had the green light to use whatever means necessary to do so. Let's not even get started on the Mount Wilson labour camp...

My younger sisters would have been in the same age group as the JM you mention.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”