Call for Public Inquiry

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Gerasene Demon

Call for Public Inquiry

Postby Gerasene Demon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:13 pm

Last edited by Gerasene Demon on Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woodgreen

Re: Call for Public Inquiry

Postby woodgreen » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:10 pm

An excellent summary Gerasene. I fully agree. Your post is spot on. Can we push for a Public Inquiry ? I tend to think we can, because we are right in our conclusions about this organisation. Let's push, and see if we can raise the level to engage people in the need to firstly tackle the SES,in ripping off people, families , children, and the tax payer, and being an abusive organisation at all levels, and then all the other "Cults" that abuse, starting with their Charity status in this Country . My earlier thought was to push for a test case in the European Court ( to test the Human Rights Act against the SES and its abuse of public subsidy via the Charity Commission) but if an Inquiry can be set up, however wide its terms of reference then great. The evidence is on this Forum for starters. cheers, woodgreen.
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

ET

Postby ET » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:05 am

I too would be in favour of this, but how do we go about it? Does anybody know? I have absolutely no idea!
Pupil at St James Girl's School from 1979-1989, from age 4-14. Parents ex-members of SES.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:25 am

I'm not sure how either - a public inquiry would need to be promoted by a Government inspired action, or follow some existing regulations that provide for a PI (None exist in this respect so far as I know). The starting point for some inquiry in terms of the public interest would I think be to question the Charity Commission and its whole approach to "cults/NRM's". That would need someone in Parliament to act. Otherwise it may be that we would have to launch a private inquiry ( ironically a bit like the Townend Inquiry) where a QC would be hired to act for the Forum/ ex SES School members and publish its findings in the public interest, as well as on behalf of those adversley affected by the SES. Quite a task and it would presumably cost money. Did the SES pay for the Townend Inquiry by the way? Whatever the cost, the new/full Inquiry would need to be seen as properly independent. Not easy but given the whole issue of cults globally, there must be scope for some kind of Inquiry in this country about the SES, the Charity Commission and the lessons to be learned for the Authorities, including Government, Churches, and awareness in Society in general of this problem. regards woodgreen.
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

Return to “St James and St Vedast”