David Boddy on boys only schools - TES Connect article

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
ConcernedMum

Re: David Boddy on boys only schools - TES Connect article

Postby ConcernedMum » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:46 am

Jo-Anne Morgan wrote:This is very interesting. People's responses to JAMR's disagreement with their point of view are identical to those of the SES when disagreed with i.e. stonewalling and a refusal to engage.

We appear to have come full circle. 'Animal Farm' springs to mind.

It's completely different Jo-Anne.

The SES actively recruit people onto their courses and into their children's schools through disingenuous advertising. They also advertise as being in pursuit of wisdom and the truth (without making it clear that they think they have the answers to that already). When people feel put out that they have been mislead, or who think they are on a genuine questionning journey (ie not having all the answers already), then the lack of engagement and stonewalling are a direct example of how they preach (and advertise on the basis of) one thing, and act differently.

When you post on this forum, there is no obligation to engage with anyone. It is polite and flattering when some anonymous person takes the time to read your views online and respond, but there is no obligation to, and not taking the time to read some anonymous person's views online is not impolite nor insulting nor is it bad faith (saying one thing and acting differently). How could it be? We all have lives and other things to do and we haven't asked anyone here to pay us money on the promise that we will listen and reply to every word!

The comparison that seems more accurate to me is one about courtesy and manners. When you are at a social occasion, if one person dominates discussion with long monologues insisting that their point of view has more validity because of their own claims about their evidence and dissects every last syllable that everyone utters and makes the conversation all about their viewpoint about what others are saying, then many people regard that as bad-mannered and quite boring for others.

ConcernedMum

Postby ConcernedMum » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:00 am

Oops sorry Jo-Anne, I looked down the replies but I missed your last post - I see you changed your mind about the observation. Apologies.

JAMR

Postby JAMR » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:53 am

CM,
If you have something to say about me and to me, why do you not address me directly?

You said,

When you post on this forum, there is no obligation to engage with anyone. It is polite and flattering when some anonymous person takes the time to read your views online and respond, but there is no obligation to, and not taking the time to read some anonymous person's views online is not impolite nor insulting nor is it bad faith (saying one thing and acting differently). How could it be? We all have lives and other things to do and we haven't asked anyone here to pay us money on the promise that we will listen and reply to every word!

The comparison that seems more accurate to me is one about courtesy and manners. When you are at a social occasion, if one person dominates discussion with long monologues insisting that their point of view has more validity because of their own claims about their evidence and dissects every last syllable that everyone utters and makes the conversation all about their viewpoint about what others are saying, then many people regard that as bad-mannered and quite boring for others.

Your first paragraph points out that forums allow us to choose what we read, do not read, effectively something that not done in face to face social situations.

Your 2nd paragraph then contradicts this by directly comparing my posting to a social situation. Since you are not obligated to read any posts, they cannot dominate and if they are boring don’t read them. Why read and respond to my posts (directly or not) if they are boring and bad mannered? Whatever issue you have with my posts its clearly not boredom, why not just speak your mind? You dance around the topic and do not state your true feelings, even though your indirect style actually gives away quite a bit.

Blissfully Sleeping

Postby Blissfully Sleeping » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:33 am

Isn't anyone else alarmed by David Boddy becoming Chairman of the Society of Heads of Independent Schools? As Chair of this lesser organisation, he is automatically on the Governing Council of the Independent Schools Council, a peek lobby group. Forget about infiltration of the Church of England,the SES/School of Practical Philosophy/Education Renaissance Trust is trying to control the Education Agenda from the inside. These guys are serious.

Justice

Postby Justice » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:39 am

Has anybody contacted any of the Tabloids yet regarding David Boddy becoming head of the Society of Headmasters and Headmistresses of Independent Schools?

"Cult Leader" and ex Thatcher adviser to take control of School Heads organisation. This has to be newsworthy. The Editor of the Daily Mail would surely be interested.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi Justice and Blissfully Sleeping. Yes, we are concerned, to get back on track - and thanks Bluemoon for posting this thread initially. I spoke to someone a few weeks ago about trying to raise some media interest in the SES as it is now. ( PM me if you want to know who) and the advice was that the media are really only interested if it has a semi-salicious or very serious content i.e. sex, child abuse, corruption et al. So I am not confident that the Tabloids would respond.

This thread and the info on the Forum has highlighted the fact that David Boddy was for a long time the major player in the SES. Given his lack of Educational Qualifications to be a Headmaster, it is he who finally needs exposing. Boddy may think he was the power behind the throne of Mclaren (gone) and Lambie (now the useless leader). He was in No. 10 which is why MI5 got involved and I wonder if he has someone in there now. He thinks he rules, but he only rules the SES. Unfortunately as we have all noted the SES has tentacles.He has the connections, Lambie does not. Possibly why Lambie threatened Bluemoon - maybe Boddy told him too. Hope Boddy has not done anything dodgy - might get caught out one day soon. Whilst Lambie wanders around looking for a new Guru, Boddy keeps working within the British establishment . Lambie the fool, Boddy the puppeteer. Even Shakespeare couldn't write their tragedy.

regards, Woodgreen.
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:25 pm

There are very serious issues with David Boddy as a public relations person without any training in education accepting the role of headmaster at a school with a public relations problem (namely, child abuse).

But he does not get the ego trip that he craves from SES any more. Despite being headmaster of SES, by some measures Boddy is no longer a 'member' of SES.

Apparently he has started this http://www.silenceonsundays.com/ creepy outfit so that he can carry on the ego trip that was once provided him by SES.

Good luck to the slimy little man with a hair-dyed moustache.

@Justice, yes I agree it is newsworthy. Although before he got into PR, Boddy was a Daily Mail journalist. That does not necessarily mean they'll show him any loyalty, but because he's a Conservative you're probably better off taking it to The Guardian (where Clara Salaman had a good show). Given Jeremy Sinclair still runs Art in Action, and is on the board of directors at Saatchi and Saatchi, and assisted David Cameron's election campaign, and is one of the guys behind the Tony Blair Faith Foundation (the Guardian hates Blair more than Cameron), there is plenty of stuff to add to the story. Add that its now come out that Richard Branson bought Necker Island off a Tory Lord who was an SES benefactor (now we know how SES makes money: control their minds so you control their donations and wills or if they're working class at least control their willingness to polish the doorknobs of your mansion), there's material for a political thriller in it...

David Boddy, why don't you chime in here - we love reading about you almost as much as you do!
Last edited by actuallythere on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justice

Postby Justice » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi actuallythere,

Many thanks for the link to David Boddy's new "group" which looks very much like a new "Cult-in-the-making"!

According to the "Cult Style" blurb on their website:

"Silence on Sundays is NOT an organisation. Nor is it under the direction or associated with any other organisation. The initiative has arisen within the hearts of a small number of people who have been working for some time to discover their true nature and who wish to deepen their experience of Oneness.

The Hosts of the mornings are David and Marian Boddy, and the venue is the beautiful home they live in on the banks of the River Thames at Twickenham, Middlesex."

It would certainly be interesting to "discover the true nature" of the Boddy's agenda, and also how the purchase of a multi-million pound property can be managed on a Headmaster's salary.
See: http://www.silenceonsundays.com/contact

I can see a very interesting story developing here.

Have any parents or pupils of St. James schools been invited to join yet?

What does anybody else know about this "group" and Boddy's plans?

bluemoon

Postby bluemoon » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:52 am

deleted
Last edited by bluemoon on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
SES London, 1990-2009, Female

JAMR

Postby JAMR » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:20 am

"Silence on Sundays is NOT an organisation. Nor is it under the direction or associated with any other organisation. The initiative has arisen within the hearts of a small number of people who have been working for some time to discover their true nature and who wish to deepen their experience of Oneness.

How is it possible to not be an organisation when one needs to marshall people in some form of structure, to have defined objectives, calendars, specific people who attend? I know its a matter of semantics but to make an illogical statement like this and follow it up with exercises in silence and yet sell all through the internet, makes them a ‘me too’ group that have their views on human behaviour and spirituality like many other groups, yet suggest that they are the one true source of knowledge.

I say this even though I think seeking stillness, silence and meditation are beneficial. The impression I get from the messages that they feel they have something unique that is lacking in other groups.

I see another flat earth in the making.

bluemoon

Postby bluemoon » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:05 am

JAMR wrote (about David and Miriam Boddy's 'Silence on Sunday's'):

The impression I get from the messages that they feel they have something unique that is lacking in other groups.

I wonder why DB has set up this new group. It sounds at least promising that it is he and his wife's initiative. Also the website gives information about some of its sources at least. I was always impressed by his sons, at least one of whom is involved with the Lucca initiative.

Bluemoon
Last edited by bluemoon on Fri May 25, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SES London, 1990-2009, Female

Justice

Postby Justice » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:39 am

David Boddy’s Company Directorships

David Boddy is clearly a very busy man.

In addition to being :
Host of his new ‘Meditation Group’ ‘Silence on Sundays’
Headmaster of St. James Independent School for Boys
Incoming chairman of the Society of Headmasters and Headmistresses of Independent Schools
Former spokesperson for the SES - School of Economic Science

He is/was the Director of approximately 20 UK Companies.
Included among these companies are:

WB THE CREATIVE JEWELLERY GROUP LTD
Turnover £24,162,732.00

NORTHCOTT MANAGEMENT LTD
TOTAL ASSETS £888,894.00

You can see a list of THE 20 Companies at:
http://www.whorunsit.org/appointees/03001802

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:12 pm

@Justice

Join the dots with another episode, mentioned in the New York Times on October 30, 1987:

Since she came to power in 1979, Mrs. Thatcher has been an ardent advocate of free-market policies and the sale of state-owned enterprises to private investors.

''Privatization is the fulcrum of the Government's economic and political strategy,'' said David Boddy, a lobbyist and former senior official of the Conservative Party staff. ''So the B.P. issue had to go ahead.''

Had it stopped the B.P. sale, the Thatcher Government would also be accused of favoritism toward the underwriters, who already are facing losses on the stock sale. Pulling the offer would have exposed the Government to charges of applying free-market principles when Labor-voting coal miners or car workers lose their jobs, but rescuing Conservative bankers and brokers when they must absorb losses due to market swings.

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/10/30/busin ... price.html

I'd guess that any commissions Boddy got for lobbing the government on behalf of private investors buying British companies would be immense.

Given Boddy's SES pal Sinclair created the "Labour Isn't Working" billboard, I wouldn't be surprised if Sinclair helped Boddy become a "senior official of the Conservative Party staff". After that job, it's not surprising that Boddy would be paid by multinational investors to influence his former colleagues in the Conservative Party staff. Especially if he was going in for a bit of extra-curricular research into group mind control in his spare time.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”