PR man arrested! Oh... wrong one.

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Gerasene Demon

PR man arrested! Oh... wrong one.

Postby Gerasene Demon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Makes interesting watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFYbPnk_hzA

Oh, and do you remember who used to watch us in the showers, I do and so do the police - but they didn't do anything.

woodgreen

Re: PR man arrested! Oh... wrong one.

Postby woodgreen » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:00 am

And the SES are only worth £20million, so they cannot afford to be sued by their ex-members. They woud be bankrupt. Mmmmm.Tempted to sue.

best wishes and seasons greetings

woodgreen.
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:57 am

Yes, very very tempting.

I have a very strong recollection of you Nicholas Debenham and Clement Salaman standing there with your hands in your pockets leering at us in the showers and smiling at each other.
You had no reason to be there other than for your own gratification.

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:51 am

I also remember Debenham day after day viewing us in the showers, particularly on Saturday mornings. He would deliberately send us to have a shower if he thought we weren't sufficiently alert, which of course was all the time.

Justice

Postby Justice » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:38 am

It is interesting how the Police are being persuaded to look again at various allegations that were dismissed in the '1980's and 1990's.

A good example of this is an article in today's Independent which states:

"The team was set up following claims by Labour MP Tom Watson in the House Commons that the police should look afresh at claims of a “powerful paedophile network linked to Parliament and No 10”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/scotland-yard-investigating-allegations-senior-politicians-abused-children-in-the-1980s-and-used-connections-to-escape-justice-8411989.html

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 am

More interesting reading,

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/ ... t-2190304/

"As headteachers, who joined the schools long after the events complained of, we can tell you how hard these things are to deal with. But as Archbishop Tutu points out there can be no reconciliation without first establishing the truth and apologising for mistakes."

The truth is we never got to the truth because the Governors, Boddy and Debenham (which Townend picked up on) all lied.

Surely it is time that a proper police investigation takes place?

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 am

Very interesting reading!

Their talk of 'Archbishop Tutu' and 'courage' rings rather hollow now. It's almost seven years since the Townend Report revealed, as the headteachers' letter puts it, 'the unhappy truth that wrong was done'.

What serious attempts have the schools made to bring about reconciliation? How many teachers and governors of the time have spoken out about the abuse? Does Debenham still maintain that St Vedast was a happy place and that pupils 'accepted' his punishments? I'd love to know.

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:55 pm

The truth is that David Boddy worked for decades in public relations, never as a teacher. That he became headmaster of their school with a child abuse problem and invoked Desmond Tutu is yet more evidence of what a lying, cheating and filthy organization the SES really is.

The South African truth and reconciliation process was not initiated by the abusers trying to get themselves off the hook, which is what Boddy was trying to do here. The white South African apartheid regime was the abuser, the black people of South Africa were the victims - Tutu as a black South African figurehead stepped forward to give the white South African abusers a chance to atone for their sins. Nobody granted David Boddy, representing an abusive organization that has wrecked countless lives, the option to fiddle about with Desmond Tutu is like this. It would be like the current regime in Syria attempting to manage their reputation by talking about truth and reconciliation to the Syrian families they have destroyed. Totally unacceptable. Grossly insulting, not least to the black people of South Africa. Pure public relations of the most cynical and despicable kind.

David Boddy is also on camera in the Channel 4 interview saying it is the first time they had 'really' heard of child abuse at SES. That is a 100% lie, about child abuse, from a purportedly spiritual organization.

David (and yes of course you are reading this, we know how vain you are), for some reason you quit. You quit! Did the 'realization' finally hit you that it was all a sham? That you lied to yourself and to us? About child abuse? About wisdom? About truth? About what you and all those other egomaniacs were in it for all along?

Shame, shame, shame indeed.

Middle Way

Postby Middle Way » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:36 am

actuallythere wrote:That is a 100% lie, about child abuse, from a purportedly spiritual organization.

AT, your statement yet again has me wondering whether those people who are so important in their spiritual organisations knowingly lie or whether it is unconscious. Here in Australia the doubts and concerns about Mrs Mavro, the leader of a so-called "spiritual" school, in this regard have been well aired on this forum. But what about the other senior tutors and leaders who have told lies about why people have left the School for Self Knowledge? If they are deliberately lying how do they live with their consciences as they preach week after week that life is all about Truth? Anyone have any ideas? It has me flummoxed.

ManOnTheStreet

Postby ManOnTheStreet » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:43 pm

I think the "senior" tutors ("senior" because all the other seniors have left) simply believe what Mrs Mavro tells them. Either that or they are in serious denial about the whole situation. I don't think they are bad people. After all, we believed what Mrs Mavro told us for so many years - it's not surprising that some still do.

If they genuinely believe what Mrs Mavro tells them about the rest of us, I can only say that such talk is wholly inconsistent with everything they used to hear about us while we were still in School. The only difference is that we have now left (and are therefore not to be trusted and so on). Did we suddenly become untrustworthy on account of leaving the School? Or perhaps the manner in which we left has made some people uncomfortable? I don't recall the day when statements of fact somehow became "lies and deceit". Similarly, I don't recall the day when everyone agreed to accord Mrs Mavro particular respect just because we had sat in her groups for 20 years. Why should her word be trusted in the absence of evidence?

For those in denial - think of the cost exacted on their students by this denial. Shouldn't they have the opportunity to weigh the evidence and decide for themselves? They can't do that by just listening to and believing everything Mrs Mavro tells them. She is desperate to withhold this opportunity from her remaining students, and it is for this reason that she still holds sway over the precious few that remain. If she is so confident in the truth of what she says, then why not present the evidence to back it up? She merely issues great torrents of words, while presenting nothing that barely resembles concrete evidence in support of her claims.

I think these tutors are genuinely preaching what they think the truth is. Or rather, they preach what Mrs Mavro tells them the 'truth' is, as their thinking in this area is largely defined by what they hear from Mrs Mavro. At some point however, you have to ask yourself - "how do I know she's telling the truth?", "how do I know those internet forum people are wrong?" Any answer to those questions must be based on evidence, and not just a belief in one side or the other. Ultimately, these tutors fail in their duty to the students when they abstain from asking and answering these questions.

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:02 pm

As at the BBc everyone knew what was going on but did nothing and far from caring for how they can live with themselves, their ignorance and inaction makes them complicit.

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:17 pm

MW

It is because they are under the illusion that they are in search of self-awareness, while in truth they are in search of self-importance.

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:57 pm

The sad fact remains that we were "beaten" by a pervert who had a penchant for watching boys wash in the shower for which there is no excuse.

Middle Way

Postby Middle Way » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:18 am

actuallythere wrote:It is because they are under the illusion that they are in search of self-awareness, while in truth they are in search of self-importance.

I like that AT. I also found the following at http://www.gurusfeet.com/blog/spiritual ... orst-liars

"Never believe spiritual people blindly. They are the worst liars. They allow themselves to lie freely to themselves and to others because they have the protection of their belief that spiritual people never lie. In other words, they even lie about their lying.

They lie because they are attached to spirituality and to their spiritual path. Their spirituality is not casual, it is the most critical thing in their life. Without their spiritual path, they have not much interest in life. Therefore, they will allow nobody to take their spirituality and their spiritual path from them. They will not allow even themselves or truth to do so.

So in order to protect from themselves and from truth they will lie if needed.

They will lie when they argue that their path is the only path. They will lie by using a tone of confidence. They will lie when they present things they believe in as absolute facts. Until they are released by grace from their attachment to spirituality and from their deceptive nature, they will remain in ignorance.

This does not mean spiritual people are bad people. They are just as selfish as any other people. But under disguise. They just want to convince you to believe in their lies so that they will be convinced too.

Do not be angry with them. Be compassionate. And be careful. Especially of the vocal ones who speak in a confident tone. Like the writer of these lines, for example.

Never believe spiritual people blindly. They are the worst liars. Actually, spiritual people are not the worst liars. Religious people are."

A lot of this rings true for me.

ManOnTheStreet

Postby ManOnTheStreet » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Middle Way wrote:Their spirituality is not casual, it is the most critical thing in their life. Without their spiritual path, they have not much interest in life.

Do you think this is true of the tutors in the School? I would've thought that if they were so committed to their 'spiritual path' they would've made more of an effort to convince us to stay. Surely a truly 'spiritual' person is concerned with the spiritual welfare of everybody, not just themselves? On the other hand, I could have fallen into the trap of the No True Scotsman Fallacy.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”