PR man arrested! Oh... wrong one.

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Middle Way

Re: PR man arrested! Oh... wrong one.

Postby Middle Way » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:52 am

Hello MOTS. Given our discussion is all about the School for Self Knowledge, I've responded to your post under the SFSK thread.
MW

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:51 am

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:24 am

"The inquiry was conducted after the retirement of the headmaster under the new one David Boddy, one time PR man to Thatcher and the conservative party. We were belittled before, as I was in the press by head of their legal dept Leslie Blake QC and Boddy, and after by the SES. No resolution or practical conclusion has ever been achieved, far from it. David Boddy manipulated and used the Inquiry to promote his school and in stunning disregard for us has named a room after the man that caned and leered at us in the shower, Debenham. He has used the Inquiry as a shining example of how they produced a procedure that other schools may use when found in similar situation, but it didn’t work and the sad truth is we were beaten by a sadistic pervert that had a penchant for watching boys in the shower and under these circumstances I do not imagine that his behaviour would be found to be lawful."

Jo-Anne Morgan

Postby Jo-Anne Morgan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:49 pm

http://www.corpun.com/vidsc.htm

"Yet in explaining the policy, Nicholas Debenham, the headmaster, discusses care for the pupils as much as discipline and describes his school of 180 boys as very happy."You've got to have love on one hand and discipline on the other - an awful lot of love and a little bit of discipline," he said.
"If you have that and a proper relationship of trust and respect between pupils and teachers, which is what there should be, then that's the real foundation for the child's education."
The cane -- three strokes administered to the backside -- is an ultimate sanction when pupils behave really badly.
"There are certain things I wouldn't put up with," Mr Debenham said.He cites deliberate cruelty to another child, repeated lying to gain advantage, or serious theft."

Does any of the above bear any resemblance to the account in 'theneedleblog'? No. Whose account do I believe? Not Nicholas Debenham's.

Actually I've just remembered a wonderful analogy to illustrate the situation described in 'theneedleblog'. It's the analogy of the potter, he has a lovely pot on his wheel but he grabs it and smashes it to the floor because he's lost control of his temper and has forgotten all about love.

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Jo-Anne Morgan wrote:Actually I've just remembered a wonderful analogy to illustrate the situation described in 'theneedleblog'. It's the analogy of the potter, he has a lovely pot on his wheel but he grabs it and smashes it to the floor because he's lost control of his temper and has forgotten all about love.

...and then he goes around giving self-indulgent sermons about the need for love, even as he goes on breaking ever more pots. He enjoys people listening to his sermons, he enjoys breaking pots. He may even feel that one justifies the other.

This is what has always happened at SES, and the people who continue this way are blind to what they are doing, and they have been blinded by their own egomania.

But the good news is, a huge proportion of SES have learned to see the growing piles broken pots on the floor; it invariably leads to resignation or ever less involvement. Rightly so.

Leonie

Postby Leonie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:38 am

deleted
Last edited by Leonie on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Desmond Tutu.
The Desmond Tutu Peace Centre.
PO Box 8428.
Roggebaai.
Cape Town, 8012
RSA.

http://www.tutu.org/home/

http://www.tutu.org/contact/

Leonie

Reconciliation Process

Postby Leonie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:51 pm

deleted
Last edited by Leonie on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jo-Anne Morgan

Postby Jo-Anne Morgan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:46 pm

That resonates perfectly, Leonie, with things people said on the thread 'Shame on you' (Clara Salaman's book).

Acknowledgement of past wrong-doing is key. Proper, serious acknowledgement has never happened. Events have been glossed over by a PR 'spin' machine ('wonderful analogy', potter/wheel/hand of discipline a little too firm/hand of love a little diffident on this occasion). A smooth operation to protect the guilty.

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:18 pm

I have read the words of Dr Alan in his thread, Mistakes against the Shankaracharya Tradition, with great interest and accept what he is saying in good faith. I am grateful for the time he has taken and for the help.
I do not and have never thought that Indian philosophy is at fault. Indeed, I am glad the Shankaracharya are aware of the situation. It has always been clear to me that something was very wrong with SES philosophy which is not what it claims or aspires to be and where there was little or no spirituality to be found when I attended.
I wish Dr Alan the best of health and happiness in his solitude.
Warmest regards.
NW

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:16 am

SES Guru HH Sri Sri Sri Vasudevananda on Maharishi (who he is funded by).

http://evolutionarymystic.wordpress.com ... otir-math/

Lies My Guru Told Me by Michael D. Coleman Ph. D

http://www.behind-the-tm-facade.org/tra ... l-lies.htm

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Leslie Blake is not a QC as has been stated, he is a barrister who stuck his nose into business that had nothing to do with him and who should also be ashamed for what he said in the press about me.
I can point out however that the person who indirectly introduced my family into this vile sect was Clive Newberry who is now a QC.
Last edited by Gerasene Demon on Thu May 30, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:30 pm

This has been brought to my attention. Again, much thanks to Gojam and the needleblog.

theneedleblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/vishal-mehrotra-too-many-coincidences/

Vishal was my friend.

Gerasene Demon

Postby Gerasene Demon » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:12 pm

The Overcoming series. An excellent resource which I have found very useful.

www.overcoming.co.uk/single.htm?ipg=4795

The site is excellent.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”