The SES and Regional Schools in England

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
woodgreen

The SES and Regional Schools in England

Postby woodgreen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:36 am

New thread -might not have any legs, but will try it anyway.Can the Forum encourage people in the Regions to post about their knowledge and experience of the SES in the regions? I joined in the North West Region which has a number of schools/meeting venues with Brinscall Hall its main SES property. It is where you get initiated. Only went twice - once to be prepped (brainwashed)for it , and second time - for the initiation. Tea and biscuits and what a waste of the lovely flowers I bought. Chopped up and offered to some guru?/god/puja.?

NW Region has a children's school in Stockport - the Leeds school closed last year through lack of pupils/funding so
all is not very well on their recruitment front. The Forum must have helped but no feedback as far as I know.

Anyway I will post some NW stuff - the tutors were singing the OM mantra round about the time I left - was this a peculiar NW thing or was that the norm across the SES? Thought we all had the RAM mantra - maybe the elite paid a bit extra for OM! Extra force with OM I believe. With all respect to the genuine followers.

woodgreen
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

Ahamty2

Re: The SES and Regional Schools in England

Postby Ahamty2 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:26 am

The SES’s Hindu practices are not exclusive to this organisation as I found out after leaving the SES/SOP. I frequented many Hindu Temples and still do and find nothing unfamiliar with them. Most Hindu families engage in daily Puja and Arathi as part of their everyday life. We use to dedicate each activity in the Sydney SOP to the Paramatman with a Sanskrit offering.
There is a popular Hindu Bhajan (Devotional Song) “Ji Ram, Jai Ram, Jai Jai Ram” which is sung often. It is believed that Mahatma Gandhi’s last word when he was assassinated was “Ram” All the Hindu practices of the SES are not of their creation, neither is the sounding of the word “Om”.
I have books of various Hindu rituals and prayers in which I have participated in the different Temples and the different Bhajans associated with each of them.
There is nothing exclusive to the SES, in fact the SES has nothing new to offer in its courses except their own weird interpretations and take on the different philosophies and religions. They dabble in them, but they have mastered none of them.

In Sanskrit, the word "Ram" simply means "God" ; its root word means beautiful

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks Ahamty - I'll post a longer reply when I can compose it - but I really appreciate what you have posted.

God = OM , but not in cults like the SES/SoP.

xx

woodgreen

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:38 am

Just as a fact , in the North West the head tutor or whatever they call themselves is Dr. Iain Cairncross. A lot like Lambie, never declares himself - Lambie never showed up in the regions as head of the school and no-one mentioned him during the 3 years I was in. It was all McLaren.
Lambie only showed up on the website a few years ago. Cairncross hasn't even done that yet.

Night god bless.

woodgreen

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:19 am

SES/North West - Dr. Cairncross and I think his wife is called Frances. Question is were they part of the SEScontrol hierarchy. The great big con job in the raised consciousness ,( pause,exercise,meditation).How they exercise their subtle control - mind body and energy. Very strong in the East, adapted by cultsin the west.
Yes , the regions too . (No word from Cairncross though I wrote to him twice. Communication, not the SES's strong point). Shades of Lambie and McLaren. Struggling with themselves again.)

Their seller of the initiation was Michael Cunnigham a Manchester University Lecturer, who talked about big vegetables at the pre- initiation gig, nice man but obviously "under the influence". My initial tutors were "sweet" Ken Wright; Michael Cranny (the Insurance man) and Ursula Gothard ( the new age co-op vegetarian). All seemed very ok, but culted obviously. Then there was Ken's wife ( as I found out after), Michaels wife, Anne Cranny, and a whole bunch of connected people and family's that I never knew and, ( and never knew me in truth it would seem).

I think in the end they didn't care about me, and maybe finally I don't care about them. (Pretty obvious if they read this Forum).
Sums up my relationship with the SES.
No issues about care in my upbringing so thanks but no thanks if the SES dumpers are trying again. Your prob, not mine.

woodgreen

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Reflecting on the Regional SES, I suspect, but cannot prove it , that I was probably down as a "maybe duped" i.e. will she conform and give us her free labour (did a bit on 2nd line) her commitment ( did for a while but I had a busy job and an outside life/friends/family), her money (big possible - I was divorced , single, with no kids and quite solvent in some people's eyes). Not big wealthy, but enough to target for the future for the small change?
All these thoughts crashed in on me when I left the SES, then I tried to dismiss them, but as the evidence on the Forum unfolds, it looks as though the SES can categorise people and try and decide what they will get from them -(everything if they had their way) then maybe target them in some way. A new teacher/ helper/ someone gifted in some area ? (anything will do really) Can you clean up before we paint I was asked - for sure I said - I regularly do it in my own home.

Which is why it can be difficult, years on, to know what the SES's objectives were/are. They change with the wind/times and with the people they recruit and try to retain. Boils down to the same thing though in the end - whatever they can get, they will take. If you challenge them they will respond negatively. And all that in their false teachings of Philosophy and Economics. Ian Haworth's book on Cults sums all this up, and is worth a look for the basic tenents of what cults are all about. SES scores high again on the cult test.

woodgreen.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi All, on the NW front, the SES website shows their schools venues, all advertising for the September 2011 term, but does not show Brinscall Hall as a venue - rather odd as I have seen it advertised on other sites for philosophy and other events of some kind - a yoga group is using the Hall for a weekend, and I have found other links they have used. The children's school in Stockport is listed and linked, but for some reason Brinscall Hall never features, even though it is the HQ for the region. I suspect that BH is used as a venue to entice people in to the cult, and is open to inviting "new age" or similar organisations, from which they may recruit new members . An impressive place is Brinscall, (well for the NW!) which is why I cannot understand it's valuation in the SES Accounts to the Charity Commission. In 2009/10 valued at £240k or so, the year before even less. Either the SES have a big mortgage on it, or they need a new valuer. Easily worth in excess of £800k - probably a million, and maybe more depending on their land. All very suspect. How do they recruit new members in the regions? Anyone who is internet savvy will check and say no thanks, so they obviously get people in through other means. Probably the same in London - the posters on the Tube will not survive the net check these days,so maybe the wealthy and influential get special invites - must do or otherwise the School would be closed down by now.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:15 pm

On reflection, I reckon Cairncross is a mini Lambie - he never replied to my e-mails. Just a devil boy, in the SES cult. As in business and most occupations, they must meet to discuss their cultdom, and the people who leave . Regional " leavers" will be on their list of negatives somewhere. None of them have had the guts to contact me although I often pick up their negative energy .

ses-surviver

Postby ses-surviver » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:33 am

When I joined the SES in the late 70s, it used to advertise in the Manchester Evening News, although I heard about it via an aunt who had a interest in esoteric stuff - though she had been more interested in Theosophy. Not sure if she was actually in the SES at all, or for how long, since she never seemed to settle into anything for very long.

I spent 3 years in the SES manchester branch, but only went once to Brinscall Hall and that was for my initiation, which was conducted by Mr White. That was a particularly powerful and striking personal experience and I came away very frustrated that I wasn't given a proper explanation about what had happened during the course of the ceremony - never did get an answer ever in fact.

Dr Cunningham was my tutor for the first couple of terms and I used to run into him on campus either in the University library and occasionally elsewhere as his department's building (Electrical Engineering) was across the road from where I spent a lot of my time (the Physics Dept). I don't think I'd ever met as cold a fish of a person ... until and moved to London and encountered some of the characters there.

Though I'd done second-line for 2 of the 3 years I spent in Manchester, when I moved to london, I stayed at the same 'level - 'New Level' as it was (at Chepstow Villas) for another year or so before I moved to Middle School at Queensgate. Even then, I was living and working outside London, so I continued to do a duty, first at Guildford and then later at Colchester, but it seemed like I didn't get any 'credit' for having done so, until I moved closer to London and was able to do a duty at one of the buildings run by the London school. It always seemed like the branches were looked down upon as being remote outposts, though I have to say that my experience of the people at Manchester, Guildford and Colchester was that they were all a lot warmer and friendlier than some of the stuck-up assholes I met in my first few years at the London school.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks ses-surviver. My enter key is still not working so apologies for this being a chunk of text! Good to know that people "survive" the SES both regionally and nationally. Fascinated by your account of how the London people were cold and snobby ( hope I've interpreted that correctly!). I lived in London for a number of years, and went there on business throughout my career, ( and travelled often around the regions, particularly in the North, so I have met many people from across the country.) The SES in the North West advertised in the free "Metro" when I joined - I was looking for an evening class that would fit my busy job and get me out of an evening - was as simple as that. The NW SES place at that time was on South King St. and I worked just around the corner so it looked as though it would fit the bill. As the Forum has made clear, in the end it didn't, and for a while I blamed myself for being guillible. My elder sister even warned me off and I said oh no, they are all nice people and I have made some new friends. The "philosophy" also suited my thinking at the time - I had read many books, self-help, world wide religions, the seven pillars etc. and for a while I thought they were a bunch of good people. Lots of them are, but obviously the hierarchy - in London but never disconnected from the Regional branches ( have to control them too) rule the roost. Cold, snobby, and controlling doesn't reflect all the genuine people I ever met in London, but it does reflect a hard line cult that IMO also has people doing the same thing in the regions. They call it "aspirational" now I believe. I think our old chum Micheal Cunningham was one of those - not content with being a University lecturer, he was aspiring to something in the SES. My final view of him was that he was quite sad and unhappy. xx , woodgreen.

woodgreen

Postby woodgreen » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:33 pm

Adding to my earlier postings on the NW School, as I mentioned earlier I e-mailed the School, specifically addressed to Dr. Cairncross, to tell them how they had affected me, and how unhappy I was with their bullying control tactics. No reply. I e-mailed again a year or so later, reminding them (him?) that I had not had the decency of a reply. Zilch, nothing no response. I don't know where the e-mails go when it is a regional matter, but for sure Cairncross and the London/Waterperry boys are all in it together. Ignore it -it might go away - unfortunately not , she is still here. So Boddy the PR man and Cairncross the regional culthead must have decided not to respond. The e-mail must have gone to the central site first , I suspect Boddy controls that and just as they never wanted to apologise to the children from the Schools, they did not want to aplogise to me . Frightened to do so because to apologise is to admit they are wrong, and a) they lose control, b) they might get bad publicity that shows them up as a cult and c) adults can cause them trouble - publicity and maybe lawsuites. Think the NW School must be getting itself in legal shape, otherwise the authorities will be onto them - Charity Commission / Tax Man / et al cometh, because of the recession. The press and TV in the regions tends to be a bit weak, although the Stockport Advertiser did do its homework when the childrens school opened and exposed its link to the problems of the SES/St. James Inquiry and the SES cult status. The regional heads, IMO , are probably just as bad as the London leader and his pack, but manage to keep a lower profile. Regions are a bit like the colonies - hi everyone downunder! Despite me having little contact with the Cairncrosses, what little I did was not , with hindsight, either caring or positive from them. Shades of controlling - ah that word again - their (subtle or otherwise) energy, was controlling. They both acted the part of being "nice" awhile but underneath - same old, same old. woodgreen.

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:28 pm

This is going slightly off tangent but your mention of Boddy reminded me I recently re-watched that Channel 4 News investigation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnv1tTcm6t4 and it is entirely accurate to conclude from it that Boddy was lying to the public. He said he hadn't heard of the abuse, and then the C4 narrator says that the abuse had in fact been reported in the 80s and investigated in the 90s. Boddy had to have known, ergo he had to have been lying to C4.

That was thorough of C4 to point that out, but they got tricked into referring to the Townend report as an "independent" inquiry. Another lie. Regardless of the fakery on its website, the inquiry was run by trustees like Jeremy Sinclar, and therefore internal. Even Townend, as far as I recall, is an SES member. This is what they call in PR a 'whitewash', and it strikes me as deeply sinister that we have a PR man who demonstrably lies to reporters heading a school with a history of child abuse. If they are capable of that level of mendacity, then what else are they capable of?

What did Boddy actually do for Thatcher as her PR man? I wouldn't be surprised if he tried and failed to cover up untold abuses of political power.

Time, I think, for a Freedom of Information Act request.

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:24 am

actuallythere wrote:Even Townend, as far as I recall, is an SES member.

I would be amazed if this were true. Is there any evidence for this?

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:11 am

Hello Tom,

As I say its just something I recall, so I might well be wrong. But I did read something (I think on this forum) that indicated Townend had a massive conflict of interest. Either he was an SES member or had a previous professional or organizational relationship with one or more of the trustees of St. James, perhaps a fellow lawyer who was an SES member. This would indicate he did not arrive at the scene with 'clean hands' as they say in the business. I'll look around to see where I read that, before I draw any final conclusions.

In any case, do you concur Boddy appears to have lied on C4 News?

Goblinboy

Postby Goblinboy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:07 pm

actuallythere wrote:
As I say its just something I recall, so I might well be wrong. But I did read something (I think on this forum) that indicated Townend had a massive conflict of interest. Either he was an SES member or had a previous professional or organizational relationship with one or more of the trustees of St. James, perhaps a fellow lawyer who was an SES member. This would indicate he did not arrive at the scene with 'clean hands' as they say in the business. I'll look around to see where I read that, before I draw any final conclusions.

You may be confusing Townend with the original individual proposed by the SES, Leoline Price, who had clear links to the organisation. Search for that name on these boards for more info.

Return to “General discussion of SES”