Message to Daffy about the Site

Anything relating to the operation of this site.
woodgreen

Message to Daffy about the Site

Postby woodgreen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi Daffy - is there a time-out built into our log-in time ? I only ask because I was trying to put a post together which took me a while ( as it does sometime when difficult things need to be composed properly), and when I pressed submit I was requested to log-in again and had lost my post. (And all the emotion that went into it!). thanks, Woodgreen.
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

Daffy

Re: Message to Daffy about the Site

Postby Daffy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 am

Hi woodgreen,

I'm not aware of any setting that results in users automatically being logged out. Users should stay logged in indefinitely.

Login problems are usually to do with 'cookies', so try clicking on 'Delete all board cookies' on the bottom right of the screen. You'll need to login again but hopefully this will clear any problem.

I would also avoid visiting the forum under the same login on another computer while you are creating a post - I don't know whether this would cause issues with the incomplete post, but you never know.

For long posts or anything you'll take a long time to recreate if you lose it I suggest clicking on the 'Save' button underneath the text window every few minutes. Or you could write your post in another text editor like Microsoft Word and then copy it across when you're ready.

By the way, you can communicate with me (or any other user) by using the 'Private Message' function rather than posting on the forum.

woodgreen

Re: Message to Daffy about the Site

Postby woodgreen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks Daffy, will do - My laptop needs a service it seems to sort out my enter key. regards, woodgreen.
Ex-SES Member. (Member for 3 years in late nineties).

Return to “Housekeeping”