Humiliate them

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Justcurious

Postby Justcurious » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:10 pm

If the inquiry is sucessful, what will you have gained? Let's say parents are horrified and a lot of pupils, who are happy at the school, are pulled out beacuse of their parents learning of the school's past. How would you feel, happy still? For me, the inquiry is about the innocent kids that go there every day. They should be informed more than anyone else, aren't they the most desevering? Don't get me wrong, my heart aches with the brutalities that orginated from that school, but the question for you is, are you willing to forgive if they are willing to apologize or must you see them humiliated to satisfy yourself?

sparkss

Postby sparkss » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:05 pm

Justcurious wrote: or must you see them humiliated to satisfy yourself?

Justcurious,

Hello? who are you addressing when you say 'YOU'? Sarah said nothing about humiliating them.

In fact, considering what former pupils experienced I thing its amazing just how reasoned MOST of them have been in their response.

Personally I have never found the "the truth is too dangerous or harmful" argument that you are advocating very convincing.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:57 am

Justcurious wrote:
the inquiry is about the innocent kids that go there every day

Actually it's not, the inquiry is about the innocent kids that went there in the 70's and 80's

Justcurious

Postby Justcurious » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:12 pm

Yes, but the inquiry will indirectly affect the children who currently attend the school. You read about the parent saying they will withdraw thier child?
This is about the cruelty back in the 70's and 80's, but it will affect the kids today, because it has been kept from them.

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:22 am

You're right, it may well indirectly affect the current pupils, but not necessarily in a negative way. If the parent wishes to withdraw their child then that is their decision. Presumably they will do so because they believe it will be in the child's best long-term interests.

The most important thing is that the truth eventually comes out, and this too is in the best long-term interests of all parties.

Matthew Woolf

Return to “St James and St Vedast”