New moderator SES group

Anything relating to the operation of this site.
mgormez

New moderator SES group

Postby mgormez » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:25 am

Hello,

Because I've a couple of trips planned and not a lot of computer access abroad, I asked Daffy to take on the task of moderator. Lucky for me he said yes.

He's familiar with the software of this forum and I trust him to make the rigth decisions.

Daffy, welcome aboard!
Last edited by mgormez on Wed May 11, 2005 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Gormez

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:29 am

Thanks Mike, I hope no moderation will be required while you are away! :cool:

For those that don't know my background from my other posts on this forum, my involvement with the schools was as follows:

* I started at St James Boys in 1975 and was there for 11 years.
* For around five years during primary school I was sent to SES evening classes.
* My parents were and still are in the SES.

I can't say I was brutalised as much as some of the contributors to this forum. Nevertheless the constant fear of violence, the attempted brainwashing of small children in the SES's cultish beliefs, and the obsession with pointless activities such as Sanskrit, philosophy and meditation have certainly left very unhappy memories.

I'm staying anonymous for the moment, but the main people behind the St James and St Vedast campaign know my real name.

Although I don't have detailed instructions from Mike, I will try to emulate his 'liberal Dutchman' approach. I am hoping he only wants me to do this while he is away, as I also have a busy family life!

You can contact me by clicking on my username and sending me either an email or a 'PM' (private message).

mike_w

Postby mike_w » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:40 pm

Well done Daffy for volunteering. We'll try not to make life too hard for you :wink:

Ohh the power :silly:

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:34 am

mike_w wrote:Well done Daffy for volunteering. We'll try not to make life too hard for you :wink:

Now I know why the Speaker of the House of Commons is dragged unwillingly to his chair at the annual opening of Parliament!

For everyone's information, I generally only act as moderator while Mike Gormez (the owner of this site) is away travelling. I have family responsibilities that make it impossible to be a full time moderator. You may not necessarily know when Mike is absent as we don't want to encourage the mice to play while the cat's away - and I think you all know which mouse I am talking about. :)

Nevertheless I aim to be helpful where I can, so feel free to contact me by PM.

Return to “Housekeeping”