Channel 4 Television would like to hear from you

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
Justice

Postby Justice » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:39 pm

If you have any concerns about the School of Economic Science or St. James Independent Schools then Channel 4 Television would like to hear from you.

The people to contact are:

Dan Wright (Home Affairs Producer):
Tel: 020 7430 4601 (Direct Line)
Email: dan.wright@itn.co.uk
Fax: 020 7430 4609
OR:
Victoria MacDonald (Social Affairs Correspondent)
Tel: 020 7430 4702 (Direct Line)
Email: victoria.macdonald@itn.co.uk

Switchboard: 020 7833 3000
www.channel4.com

ross nolan

media coverage --- end result

Postby ross nolan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:11 pm

G'day Justice, Good work on the media front and especially the specifics of who,where etc that makes it straightforward to get the ball rolling , -- apart from the actual testimonies of ex(junior school) pupils relating specific instances of physical and 'psychical' abuse by teachers there has been a remarkable lack of any specifics in relation to the activities of the adult schools and the whole teachings (as opposed to teachers) of the SOP /SES . (for current SES 'victims' many more who read newspapers and watch current affairs shows will be adults as well )

When it comes to the media being able to convey the actual gripes that ex members of the SES have about the organization and the doctrine they push people will have to boil it down to actual specific 'messages' and instances of error,deception, misrepresentation and so on.

Just a vehement undercurrent of 'hating their guts' will not suffice for actual factual and verifiable evidence of malfeasance -- as for example the teaching that such things as physical disabilities,miscarriage etc are due to "Karma" and the fault of the sufferer because of their wickedness in a former life -- this is the sort of "shocking" revelation that will get public attention and give an indication of their real nature .

The media could go 24 hours a day exposing religious cults and 'flat earthers' etc etc --- to acheive the aim of eliminating their nefarious activities I think it must come down to identifiable criminal activity such as their total misrepresentation as a secular philosophical society somehow interested for philanthropic reasons in raising the self awareness of the average man and sort of continuing the tradition of the Socratic academy.

For sure the images of distraugbt and angry individuals that have been exposed to and damaged by their deceptions is also neccesary but the end result must be ,I presume, to stop the activity for good (?)

To that end somone should possibly collate a "media package' of good hard 'ammunition' and a distillation of what is wrong, with a number of people who will stand up and be counted when required.(conspicuously difficult with the undercurrent of fear that is apparent with ex members )

I hope this effort does start to unravel the whole shonky facade they hide behind and act to 'put the fear of God' into their other off shoots and one would hope to eventually eliminate all such crap in the spirit of the enlightenment . (apologies for the bad pun )

If my last posting was a bit pessimistic maybe it was because it was 2.00 am and after a long hot day (40c ) .

Regards , Ross .

PS thanks for the PM.
Skeptic

katinka1969

Postby katinka1969 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:57 am

Hi Justice

Thanks for posting this info. I emailed Victoria to say I'd be willing to be interviewed from the perspective of a recently departed "student" of the adult SES, however she replied to say that at the moment they are only focusing on former students of the St James Independent Schools. A bit disappointing however she did say that she would keep my email in case they decide to expand the investigation, which hopefully will end up being the case - I think it's very important that this part of the SES is exposed as well, if only for the sake of the scores of people registering each term for what they believe will be a course in "Practical Philosophy".

Incidentally, some of you may recall a thread late last year entitled "adult school U.K - dont know what to think!? where I detailed my experiences and gained some very valuable advice and feedback from more experienced members. Well, I?m pleased to say that not only have I happily shut the door on the whole sorry SES episode, but two of my ex-classmates have done so as well! I am meeting up with one of them later this month to hear the full story, which is sure to be interesting.

Will keep you posted.

K

bluelight

Postby bluelight » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:06 pm

Well done Katinka.....hope all goes well for you and the other leavers!

Justice

Channel 4 TV

Postby Justice » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:45 am

Channel 4 would like to talk to former students of St. James now and are investigating a more detailed follow up on the SES.

Planet

Postby Planet » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:37 pm

Mmmmm !
Last edited by Planet on Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Justice

Postby Justice » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:09 pm

It is understandable that some may find it painful reliving past experiencees.

It is also understandable that others will feel determined to speak out publicly to prevent evils of the past from recurring, and to ensure that those who are guilty of crimes against children are brought to justice!

Justice

Channel 4 TV would like to hear from you

Postby Justice » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:05 pm

It is interesting to see so many people taking an interest in this posting.

Hopefully they will also be passing on details to other people concerned about the SES and St. James who either dont have access to the internet, or if they do, dont know about this Bulletin Board.

Justice

Channel 4 TV

Postby Justice » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:06 pm

Lots of people are now in contact with Channel 4 Television, but they are still very keen to hear from more people.

Justice

Channel 4 Television

Postby Justice » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:55 pm

Anyone who has been considering contacting Channel 4 Television but hasnt yet done so is invited to contact them now.

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:03 pm

LOL! How many ways can you say the same sentence? I think we've got the message now, Justice

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:09 pm

Enough already! I've contacted them.

Daffy

Bumping

Postby Daffy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:52 pm

Justice,

In case you weren't aware, it is considered bad etiquette on discussion forums to bump your threads too frequently.

In any case, it is unnecessary for you to do so every two days. At the time of writing, page 1 of this SES forum goes back to November last year, so if current activity is anything to go by, your thread is likely to remain both on and near the top of the front page for some time without any need to bump it.

Saint James

any progress on the TV programme?

Postby Saint James » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:15 pm

any timescale when there will be a TV programme on SES / Schools ?

Justice

Postby Justice » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:54 pm

Soon, I believe.

Return to “General discussion of SES”