'STOCKPORT EXPRESS' WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Justice

Postby Justice » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:46 am

On the 22nd February 2006 the Stcockport Express Newspaper ran a story on the new branch of St. James Independent Schools which has just opened in Heaton Norris from which I quote:

The fledgling primary school is attempting to establish itself in Stockport, but concerns have been raised over the school?s links with an organisation
called the School of Economic Science (SES).

The SES was subject of an expos? book in 1985 called Secret Cult. Written by investigate journalists Peter Hounam and Andrew Hogg, it claimed the organisation was secretive and destructive.

Another passage in the same article read:

However, cult watchdog FAIR (Family, Action, Information, Resource) has cast doubt over whether the organisation has changed.

FAIR secretary Audrey Chaytor said: "We have recently received calls from parents concerned about the school. The SES has never published anything to defend that book [Secret Cult]. Since the writing of the book the SES has kept a low profile and there is no reason to think they have changed."

The Stockport Express is interested in hearing from anyone who has concerns about the activities of the School of Economic Science and invites them to contact them at:

News Editor: Email: duncan.ponter@btinternet.com

OR Paul Maher Email: paul.maher@btinternet.com

Tel: 0161 475 4834 - Duncan Ponter
Tel: 0161 480 4830 - Paul Maher

The Stockport Express
Wood Street
Hollywood
Stockport
SK3 OAB

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:07 pm

Have you contacted them Justice? If so how/what was the response?

Justice

Postby Justice » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:50 pm

Dear Matthew,

You can read the whole article at:

http://www.stockportexpress.co.uk/news/ ... _town.html

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:59 pm

Yes I had already read that - 'Sparks' posted the link a few days ago. I was just wondering if you had actually contacted them yourself, and if so what was the response. Or are you simply the messenger?

Justice

Postby Justice » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:12 pm

No, I'm not the messenger, but if you want to discuss it with them I suggest you give them a call.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”