Leaving the S.E.S & St. James pupils

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.

Do you believe me?????

Poll ended at Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:16 pm

Yes
70%
No!!!!!!!!!!
30%

Total votes: 10

Sam Hyde

Leaving the S.E.S & St. James pupils

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:16 pm

I just thought I would keep you guys up to date, this Tuesday I officially threw in the towel at group by announcing my departure to my tutor. This went very smoothly, I was straight up with him and said I had experienced what I wanted, broadened my horizons and felt there was nothing keeping me here.
NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER, no steel curtains, no locked doors, no secret police, no threats, phone calls or black dresses awaiting me!

Happy days, so just to let you know how liberal joining and leaving the S.E.S can be nowadays.

:Fade-color Sam xox :Fade-color

Well we'll see if I still have my head boy job next week LOL!!!
ps: thankyou for the support, SOME of you!
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

james

Postby james » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:42 pm

Well done mate, drinks on me :drinking: ! Ill see u in june then because im not going on the youth week.
just over three months left.
:bday:
Im in a cult? You think? Don't worry the spaceships will be coming soon.

mm-

Postby mm- » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:11 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:

there are 4 head boys, none of them including myself are members of the SES. (I was though in winter'04-summer'05)

There are 4 head boys, 2 Heads and 2 Deputies, I am the only one who was in the S.E.S, at that, I was not in this position during my time in funny farm. I have now left. Reasons being, I gave it a go, I achieved enlightenment, I broadened my horizons and now feel it is not for me.

I'm a bit confused Sam, according to earlier posts this week, I thought you had left the SES ages ago, or at the very least that is what you implied.

It's a bit hard to take you seriously when there are obvious discrepancies in your posts.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:18 pm

mm,
I thought this would cause some confusion! If you read my post carefully you will see I used my words very carefully in that I said I had 'Officially' thrown in the towel. I had not attended since about summer '05. So there are infact no discrepancies in my posts just you being pedantic.

Sam xox

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:21 pm

JAAAMES!!!!! Im so happy! lol finally you made up your mind! heheheheh

I'm applying for a three month stage at the Fat Duck at the moment, just writing my CV now. So I will have to confirm my days of leave if I get it but no worries, A in A will be at the top of my list! You better get cucumber in my Pimms BIYATCH!

Sam xox :angel:

mm-

Postby mm- » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:27 pm

I said I had 'Officially' thrown in the towel. I had not attended since about summer '05

I officially threw in the towel at group by announcing my departure to my tutor

Sam,

Thanks for clearing that one up.

It all makes sense now, you haven't attended since summer '05 but months down the line you attend "group" to let your tutor know that you are leaving, Why? Surely your tutor will have worked that one out for himself.

I'm sorry you feel that I am being pedantic. Pedantic about what exactly? I feel it is very significant to question someone about claims that one minute they are not a member of the SES and then the other they are. Not because I'm really bothered about whether you are a member or not, but simply because your discrepancies discredit your past posts.

So sorry, I forgot, you left OFFICIALLY today. I thought you could come and go as you please, I didn't realise you had to sign out and give explanations on your way through the door.

Yes, I can definitely see how liberal joining and leaving the SES can be nowadays.

james

Postby james » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:38 pm

MM
please don't be such child.

I havn't been to group for 8 months, but i havn't left, it just happens to be hard because im on the other side of the world. There is a difference between not turning up and leaving the group.

You are free to join and leave your bank, but you close your account when you leave them for good don't you? Its the same thing. its just good manners to say you are officialy leaving.

I quote sam

"NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER, no steel curtains, no locked doors, no secret police, no threats, phone calls or black dresses awaiting me!"

It certainly seems pretty liberal to me! The tutor had no prob with him leaving so whats the problem!?

You are doing exactly the knit picking of peoples posts that folk are complaing about. Please stop it.

mm-

Postby mm- » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:16 pm

James,

Please don't be patronising. I was merely trying to ascertain where Sam was coming from. If he is a member of the SES then I can read his posts as coming from someone trying to defend the SES and St James. If this is true then I have to decide whether his posts are unbiased or not. Sam would like me to believe that entering and leaving the SES is not a problem. However, by having to 'Officially' leave after 6 months, implies, that he is answerable to someone and coming and going is not as easy as he makes out.

Your bank analogy is interesting.

If I had decided to leave my bank in the summer of '05 I would tell them, then and there, I certainly wouldn't wait 6 months to let them know that I had left.......unless of course I couldn't make my mind up or that it was being made difficult fo me to leave.

James quoted:

I havn't been to group for 8 months

Ive just talked to the Headmaster of Ficino about this

You may not have been to a group for 8 months but the SES links are still there. It seems old habits die hard.

Which brings me back to the question asked by Sam in this Poll. I'm afraid my vote has got to be a resounding NO.
Last edited by mm- on Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

james

Postby james » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:25 pm

Like I said I havn't left the SES. So of course I still have links.

Anyway, i do not wish to continue posting here, I joined this forum to defend the present day St James, not to get involved in petty arguments about the SES.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:37 pm

mm, you really do make life hard for yourself!

you haven't attended since summer '05 but months down the line you attend "group" to let your tutor know that you are leaving, Why? Surely your tutor will have worked that one out for himself.

MM, I don?t know what kind of manners you were taught as a child! My tutor gave me compassionate leave, study....reasons. To return this courtesy, I told him I was leaving, so as not to leave the man in limbo. Is this such a crime! FFS Don?t make a mountain out of a mole hill!

I feel it is very significant to question someone about claims that one minute they are not a member of the SES and then the other they are.........Not because I'm really bothered about whether you are a member or not

COULD HAVE FOOLED ME!

I thought you could come and go as you please, I didn't realise you had to sign out and give explanations on your way through the door

Like I stressed above, it is a matter of common courtesy! You are better than this mm. Anyway Like James, I feel my voice is wasted here as a result of your doubts and concerns, believe it yourself or not!

Adios

Sam xox

mm-

Postby mm- » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:00 am

MM, I don?t know what kind of manners you were taught as a child!

You are better than this mm.

Sam,

Why do you always have to make things so personal, after all you don't know me personally at all?

I feel my voice is wasted here as a result of your doubts and concerns

Why do you take offence at my doubts and questions, is this not allowed on this forum?

I thought that the whole point of this forum was to enable people to air their differences, to have questions answered and perhaps to find some of the truth that is obviously lacking both at St James and the SES without fear of reprisals. I thought that this forum was about discussion. I wasn't aware that it was a one sided argument.

I've obviously hit a raw nerve...

BoeingDriver

Postby BoeingDriver » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:56 am

Sam,

To be brutally frank with you - who gives a tuppenny damn?

I know I don't.

I do, however, wish you all the very best and every success for the future.

:drinking: I'm afraid this is this closest I can get to having a beer with you at the moment - cheers!!

Abel Holzing

Postby Abel Holzing » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:12 pm

Hi mm

mm wrote:I was merely trying to ascertain where Sam was coming from. If he is a member of the SES then I can read his posts as coming from someone trying to defend the SES and St James. If this is true then I have to decide whether his posts are unbiased or not.

This implies that posts from non-members can be safely assumed to be unbiased. What world do you live in? This makes you hopelessly biased, namely in favour of non-members. I suggest you screen all posts for bias, irrespective of whether they come from members or non-members.

AH

mm-

Postby mm- » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:42 pm

What world do you live in?

Abel,

Not the SES world that's for sure.

Of course I'm biased in favour of non-members. I don't support what the SES teach, believe in or practice. Why shoud I?

Quite Frankly, I eye with suspicion posts that don't seem to be totally truthful, especially when they come from a headboy who just so happens to be the son of a senior member of the SES. You might think this is a bit unfair but these are the facts.. I can assure you that a numer of parents reading this forum are not entirely convinced that the posts from current pupils are written of their own back.

Personally, I am sick to the back teeth of members of the SES twisting and turning their words to suit themselves and deliberately not answering questions that are put to them. I am tired of the patronizing, arrogant, full of expletives posts, from some of the sixth form members of St James.

This isn't a game. Innocent children and their parents are being badly affected by the cover up that is the SES and St James. I have read nothing on this forum that puts my mind at ease or that enables me to look at St James and the people within it, in a different light.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:21 pm

mm, it is a shame that reason plays on only the reasonable!

One thing I have noticed during the past week is the great ability of frequent posters to ignore any challenging posts that may contravene waht they believe to be true. You are a perfect example of this. Why not believe we are here on our own accord, is it because such a thought would confirm to you that we are exercising our right to FREE SPEECH from within this 'cult controlled cocoon' environment of a day school!!!???

and turning their words to suit themselves and deliberately not answering questions that are put to them

You have thanked me in the last few days for my cooperation and honesty in answering your questions about 6th formers joining group! Are you no longer satisfied?

We are perfectly able to practise free speech, there is no brainwashing at my school, we are not indoctrinated nor are we recruited into the S.E.S to marry 'child brides'!

Sam xox

Return to “St James and St Vedast”