'Girlie bars'

A place for discussions that don't fit elsewhere.
sugarloaf

Postby sugarloaf » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:36 pm

going back quite a few posts..

Does anyone know when Pincham 'officially' left the SES?

gadflysdreams

Postby gadflysdreams » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:18 pm

As far as I am aware Roger Pincham left the SES in the early 1980s

StVSurvivor

Postby StVSurvivor » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:35 pm

A senior ex-SES member informs me that Mr Pincham and Graham Skelcey also both had children at St James whom they removed.

ET

Postby ET » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:33 am

chittani wrote:He also gave his card to a number of the girls (I think it was just about the Senior girls) so that they could contact him if there was anything they wanted to tell him in private ... but not one of them did.
Plainly it was already by this time a different place.

I had left the school by the time this happened, but I still have a close friend who was a pupil. Those cards were indeed given out, one to my friend, but she didn't want to get into trouble at school so she never contacted him.

Don't underestimate how much power the staff held over us in those days - it may all be different now, but that's not the point. The point is that we were terrified then.
Pupil at St James Girl's School from 1979-1989, from age 4-14. Parents ex-members of SES.

ross nolan

lockheed etc

Postby ross nolan » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:05 pm

Readers might not be aware that Lockheed has "form" when it comes to offering bribes to foreign officials when seeking contracts .

Prince Bernhardt of the Netherlands was exposed to have taken bribes from Lockheed in return for influencing the purchase of Lockheed Starfighters for Holland (Mike G may even know of that one )

Simillarly the Japanese government was toppled as a result of bribes taken by politicians given by Lockheed (60's timeframe)

There was a little known 'almost scandal' involving the Australian government selecting a Lockheed aircraft ahead of the (eventual) purchase of the French Mirage -- France being non NATO, non US aligned etc was an outsider choice initially but it was found out that bribes had been offered and accepted by government officials and Lockheed ,if exposed would have also 'taken down' the Australian government with it as collateral damage.

A meeting took place on board a yacht owned by the owner of a major industrial company (a well known Australian enterprise that has received many multimillion dollar contracts since ) with various government officials,Lockheed, a major land developer and several others --

The 'solution' to the problem was that the 'selected' Canadian CL 44 Tutor side by side trainer was dropped and the tandem Italian Macchi was bought instead -- Lockheed owned a large share of Macchi. The specification was for a side by side trainer.

There have been various other bribery scandals involving Lockheed and several involving Hercules (which is a damned good aircraft in it's own right ) -- being in the industry then I was told of one case where Australian government officials sent to do a technical survey of Lockheed were in fact taken on junkets involving strippers and lots of alcohol -- in fact amazingly reminiscent of the posting about Boddy.

You would find that political connections and the exercising of influence would be EXACTLY what would have been involved with Boddy and with the political position of Pincham it would seem to be inescapable .

...Must look up the "Nolan committee" -- no relation ..
Skeptic

1980sstJ

Postby 1980sstJ » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:00 pm

Girlie bars, eh, headmaster?

Alban

Postby Alban » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:07 pm

I assume the girlies were not wearing long skirts at the time!

:eggface:

1980sstJ

Postby 1980sstJ » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:44 am

Have been tipped off that there are more archive articles about David Boddy and his colourful past.

Watch this space!

1980sstJ

Postby 1980sstJ » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:42 pm

Getting more stuff shortly.

Return to “Miscellaneous”