Ruth Kelly - Parliamentary Question

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
CBetts

Postby CBetts » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:20 pm

David Boddy, Headmaster of St James Senior Boys School has asked me to post the following message:

"Parliamentary Question: Ruth Kelly Secretary of State for Education and Skills, was misinformed. No such investigation is being undertaken by the Metropolitan Police or by Social Services.
Confirmation of this can be obtained from the child Protection Unit of the Metropolitan Police. A correction to the written parliamentary answer has been requested.

It is well known that the Schools liaised with the police and social services before and throughout the period of the independent inquiry. We would also remind all concerned that the Townend Inquiry was established voluntarily by the governors.

We also take this opportunity of inviting anyone who wishes to take part in the reconciliation process, or who has any questions relating to the Schools or the Inquiry, to contact us in the normal way at St James Senior School for Boys on communications@stjamesboys.co.uk.

David Boddy Headmaster St James Senior School for Boys"

Zathura

Postby Zathura » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:13 pm

Sounds like a bit of a DIS for Justice!

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:57 pm

I did try saying that at the very begining when Justice! hit the slopes with his drama post.....oh well look who comes out on top (sticks tounge out)

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

Alban

Postby Alban » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:31 pm

Steady on guys...the local press mentioned the same investigations as well so there must have been something going on at one stage.

Besides, if both the press and a minister have said there is, then I think it would be worth asking them where they got their information rather than shooting the messenger - Justice, who just pointed to the link about the question being asked.

I'm not condoning mis-information, but to be honest there is a hell of a lot of mis-information in the governors response on their site. Two wrongs don't make a right but it's worth getting things in perspective.

Alban

Justice

Postby Justice » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:22 pm

CBetts, "on behalf of David Boddy" wrote:

Ruth Kelly Secretary of State for Education and Skills, was misinformed. No such investigation is being undertaken by the Metropolitan Police or by Social Services.

The Rt. Hon. Ruth Kelly said in the House of Commons last week (as reported by Hansard - The Official Record of Parliament):

The Department has been made aware of allegations of abuse by teachers at St. James Independent Schools for Boys between 1975 and 1985. The matter is currently under investigation by Richmond-upon-Thames social services department and the Metropolitan police. We are liaising with them and will consider what, if any, action is required once their investigation has been completed.

So, if Ruth Kelly is liasing with the Metropolitan Police and she has got it wrong then either:

1. She is misinformed, or not telling the truth?

2. The Metropolitan Police are misinformed, or not telling the truth?

3. David Boddy is misinformed, or not telling the truth?

In order to clarify the matter, I have contacted Mike Hancock M.P., and have requested that he raise the matter again in the House of Commons.

Perhaps it might also be a good idea if David Boddy spoke to the Special Branch rather than just the local Constabulary?

Planet

Postby Planet » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:37 pm

Maybe the "cloak of anonymity" was too heavy to lift or the "shadows of the past" just didn't appear. Or it just wasn't worth the effort.

Well they are hardly going to look under the "cloak" or in the "shadows" unless somebody would actually make a formal complaint. Generally these agencies have better things to do unless its seen as in the public interest. After 20 + years its hardly going to be on the top of the priority list.

Zathura

Postby Zathura » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:02 pm

Sounds like Justice is doing all this contacting of MP's and getting them to raise questions all by himself. If it is that easy that just by contacting your local M.P and telling him to raise a question in Parliament he does it it goes to show MP's ask questions on the basis of a phonecall which would call into doubt the gravitas of just the single fact that an MP has asked a question in Parliament. Sounds like Justice bollocks again. sounds impressive but is just bollocks.
Also it sounds like it is a maverik enterprise the getting of MP's to talk that isn't in connection to the real flow of the Police initiatives anyway.

Alban

Postby Alban » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:47 pm

It's not quite as easy as asking your MP to ask a question...do you not remember the cash for questions scandal.

Alban

Justice

Postby Justice » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:40 pm

Sorry to disappoint Zathura but I have never spoken to Mike Hancock M.P. or Ruth Kelly, but I do read Hansard - the official record of the House of Commons and I do have plenty of contacts.

There are probably thousands of people throughout the UK and other countries throughout the world who have serious concerns about the SES and who believe it is a Destructive Cult.

The idea that that all the negative publicity the SES and St. James receives is because of a dozen or so people on this bulletin board is laughable!

Why dont you ring up Mike Hancock M.P. or the other M.P's who have raised questions in the past in the House of Commons about their concerns about the SES. For one thing, I am not in Mike Hancock's constituency, and therefore he wouldnt ask questions on my behalf.

mm-

Postby mm- » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:49 am

Following Maria Eagle's response to Mr Boddy's letter, one would have to raise their eyebrows as to how unbiased the response actually is, bearing in mind that Ruth Kelly is a member of the Opus Dei (a secretive and destructive Roman Catholic cult)

www.iirep.com/page12.htm

www.news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4194567.stm

www.tamba2.org.uk/T2/archives/2004/12/2 ... y-cultist/

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:28 am

Hello again all,

As you may have noticed it?s been all quiet on the western front since my last post, and it?s also got very boring!
But today I thought I would check for any dramas and to my surprise, well actually I'm not the least bit surprised because in the grand scheme of things posted here, 'MM's comment about Ruth Kelly being a secret member of Opus Dei really did it for me!!!!
MM I must congratulate you on your never ending ability to lighten even the darkest of moods with the most REDICULOUS claims!!!!
Ever considered a career in comedy????
bearing in mind that Ruth Kelly is a member of the Opus Dei (a secretive and destructive Roman Catholic cult)

I still can?t get over it!!! Well, now that she has been exposed, I better get onto the Vatican and alert the Brotherhood!
BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR ALBINO ASSASSINS!!!!!!

When will these absurd claims stop!!!?????

Love you all
Sam xox

leon

Postby leon » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:57 am

it's hardly a secret that Ruth Kelly is a member of opus Dei. She has spoken publicly of her involvement quite a few times, some think it influences her views on stem cell research. Im not sure what your blathering about Sam but Opus dei is an established organisation founded in 1928. here are some details.

http://www.odan.org/what_is_opus_dei.htm
Last edited by leon on Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ET

Postby ET » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:03 am

Sam,

Just to clarify - Ruth Kelly has publicly admitted to being a member of Opus Dei, although whether it is a destructive cult or not is open to interpretation.

Dan Brown himself has said that his portrayal of Opus Dei in "The Da Vinci Code" is, although based on fact, largely fictional.

So MM's post is in fact not at all ridiculous (although Opus Dei themselves might consider that her description of them as a "destructive cult" is libellous!)

Having said that, I do doubt that Ruth Kelly's affiliation with Opus Dei has had any effect on the answer she gave to the parliamentary question about St James' and the SES.
Pupil at St James Girl's School from 1979-1989, from age 4-14. Parents ex-members of SES.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:09 am

ok ok but I am still amazed at how far some you will go to damn what people say, whether an intelligent reply or when offering a valid point. But it all depends on what you want to hear, lets not forger this.

(I reffer to the negative, vindictive and libellous amongst us as 'you')

Sam xox

bonsai

Postby bonsai » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:49 am

We all hear what we want to hear and we all pick on points that support our own views and we all pick on points to fight against when we are argue or point scoring.

This is human nature. I would contend that it is impossible for a human to look at something and investigate it in a truely objective manner without bias. It is only in the context of our own experience that things have meaning.

Personally I have no problem about Ruth Kelly being a member of Opus Dei and also holding a position of power and influence. She is open about this membership and there will always be those who believe that such affiliations affect her professional judgements. This is why we have the checks and balances in the parliamentary process.

Personally I would only have a problem if a person in such a position was secretive about such affiliations or if there was no process for questioning or reviewing the persons proffesional conduct. This is why I believe that St James requires a PTA where the decisions of the governors and the school's executive may be scrutinised and the influences understood and the criticisms aired, listened to and if necessary acted upon.

The SES also needs some form of mechanism to provide checks and balances (I'm not sure what form it should take) to ensure that the executive authority is kept in check and power is not allowed to corrupt.

Bonsai

Return to “St James and St Vedast”