Schools Minister:SES school flouted child safety regulations

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
josh

Schools Minister:SES school flouted child safety regulations

Postby josh » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:38 pm

Mike Hancock (Portsmouth South, LDem) Hansard source:

To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills what assessment she has made of the Ofsted report into the Alcuin Independent school, Leeds, with particular reference to teachers working without criminal record checks.

Jacqui Smith Jacqui Smith (Minister of State (Schools and 14-19 Learners), Department for Education and Skills) Hansard source:

The Alcuin school was inspected by Ofsted, under Section 163 of the Education Act 2002, in December 2004. The inspection identified a number of regulatory failings which the school has rectified, including some cases where Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks had not been completed.

Link: http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id ... #g57137.q0

Shout

Postby Shout » Tue May 02, 2006 3:46 pm

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mm-

Postby mm- » Tue May 02, 2006 10:25 pm

This is utterly deplorable and despicable.

It will come to no surprise to many parents that the Alcuin School in leeds did not do the necessary CRB checks on their staff, bearing in mind that the St James schools continue to employ teachers who have abused children. It is difficult to be fair and open minded when it seems that the schools and therefore the SES do not have a problem with those that abuse children, failing to do the necessary checks, fails both children and parents and puts one of the most vulnerable groups in society at high risk.

Do we take it then that all SES schools are run in this way?, not only allowing abusers to carry on teaching at the schools but also allowing adults to teach young children without the necessary checks and as it has been pointed out on this board, some without the appropriate teaching qualifications.

Are members of the SES above reprimand and immune to the rigours and testing that most honest and dedicated teachers have to go through?. Is being a member of the SES an exclusive membership to being above the law?

It certainly seems so.

Those on this BB that defend the schools and by implication the SES should think again, simply because they defend those who have harmed others and in many ways continue doing so. They defend a group who have not changed and seem to continue to be unaffected by the damage they have caused. They seem to be above criticism and punishment. I have read posts which imply that they wish to communicate with those that are aggrieved and blame some of us as being 'hardened activists'. I see no point, nor do I personally wish to enter into a conversation with these people. The above facts and their very reluctance to change and admit their wrong doing buys them a one way ticket to the county court.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue May 02, 2006 10:41 pm

Brave statement mm-

allowing adults to teach young children without the necessary checks and as it has been pointed out on this board, some without the appropriate teaching qualifications.

All teaching staff are qualified or are qualifiying. This is a legitamate process by which you can do a GTP course whilst already teaching. Alternatively, teachers come with Pgce's and degrees that allow them to teach to A-level. The standard of professionalism as risen ten fold during my time.

Are members of the SES above reprimand and immune to the rigours and testing that most honest and dedicated teachers have to go through?.

ALL staff go through rigorous CRB cheks before they are employed. With new regulations, practices and management comes new standards.

Those on this BB that defend the schools and by implication the SES should think again

I know EXACTLY where I stand, at my school's front door with riot gear and a cattle prod! I do not stand in defence of the SES!

...harmed others and in many ways continue doing so

Really? Well specify your claims, need proof, THERE IS NO ASSAULT BY STAFF IN ST JAMES SCHOOL FOR BOYS.

They seem to be above criticism and punishment.

Errr read again mm! http://www.iirep.com/page13.htm Seems to me that the internal disciplinary policy is in full swing, doesn't it???

Turn you claims down a notch darlin! :Fade-color

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

Shout

Postby Shout » Wed May 03, 2006 2:33 am

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mm-

Postby mm- » Wed May 03, 2006 10:01 am

Thank you Shout. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Of course I knew that the answers to my questions were all a resounding 'Yes'. I'm not surprised at Sam's tone in his posts and blatant lies, (it seems to run in the family). When I brought up the subject of this forum with Laura Hyde she seemed to know nothing about it and it wasn't until pushed that she admited the very strong connection between the schools and the SES. Very Odd.

Shout

Jobs for the gurls

Postby Shout » Wed May 03, 2006 7:11 pm

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james

Postby james » Wed May 03, 2006 10:59 pm

Points of interest:
1) Elise broadwith (mr broadwiths wife) was NEVER at st.james. So mr Broadwith never had a repulsive relationship with a 6th form girl.

2) I believe josh said that the Alcuin school has rectified all failings uncovered by ofsted. A point which all of you seem to have ignored.

Thats all for now
Thanks for reading
peace out
Im in a cult? You think? Don't worry the spaceships will be coming soon.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed May 03, 2006 11:19 pm

Shout, you could not be further from the truth! You astonish me with the lies you spew! mm, your almost there but not quite up to shout's handicap.

Both of you bend over so I can hear better!

I have more to say on this, just for the moment, gather your thoughts as there's a fire about to be lit under your arses!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:evilbat:
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!

"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

Goblinboy

Postby Goblinboy » Thu May 04, 2006 1:45 am

This thread appears to be degenerating. Criticise arguments, but please avoid personal abuse and threats.

mm-

Postby mm- » Thu May 04, 2006 9:01 am

have more to say on this, just for the moment, gather your thoughts as there's a fire about to be lit under your arses

Really...that's interesting Sam.

Please don't attempt to threaten me- it simply doesn't work. I am not scared of you or your SES cronies who seem to use empty handed threats when someone says something they don't like or which questions SES beliefs.

For the record I am not remotely interested in anything you have to say.

daska

Postby daska » Thu May 04, 2006 9:47 am

james wrote:Points of interest:
1) Elise broadwith (mr broadwiths wife) was NEVER at st.james. So mr Broadwith never had a repulsive relationship with a 6th form girl.

2) I believe josh said that the Alcuin school has rectified all failings uncovered by ofsted. A point which all of you seem to have ignored.

Thats all for now
Thanks for reading
peace out

James, how old are you? Have you been personally policing Broadwith on his dates? You can say you think it unlikely and you can inform us about his wife, but the fact is that you don't KNOW unless you are Broadwith or the girl he allegedly dated.

As it is not the norm to marry the first and only girl you date, don't you think it might conceivably be possibly that he dated at least one other person before getting married.

For the record, I do not know what actually happened because I wasn't present but I do know what has being said of him and a (named) St James girl, I think I probably first heard this rumour about 15/20 years ago but is so long ago I can't be entirely sure.

EDITED - Just remembered where James is at the moment. If I'm not mistaken, he's working in the Ficino School for... Mark Broadwith.

daska

Re: Jobs for the gurls

Postby daska » Thu May 04, 2006 10:57 am

Sam Hyde wrote:Shout, you could not be further from the truth! You astonish me with the lies you spew!

Shout wrote:Of course Laura Hyde knows about this forum, as (obviously) do her SES superiors.

Are you saying that Boddy, Lambie, the Governors, the Solicitors and you know about this site but your mum, as head of the Senior Girls School has not been informed of it's existence?

Shout wrote:- Abuse was possible in SES schools because they are a private subculture free from interference (just like Hindu, Jewish etc subcultures)

Note the 'was' in that sentence.

Shout wrote:- Abuse went unchecked because for decades there were no disciplinary proceedures for staff

Logically, if this isn't true, then it means that the abuse must have been known about and condoned by the heads and governors.

Shout wrote:- This was because staff were all cult members who considered themselves, and were considered by fellows to be above the law and commonly recognised standards of behaviour.

This is probably a generalisation. But in my RECENT experience is still the case for some.

Shout wrote:- Their cult also has as one of it's central themes the upsidedown hierachy of the male as king, the females' needs subordinate to that, and the child as the least important, having behaviours beaten in and out in line with the cult's recomendations of acceptable behaviour.

Hmm... OK, last time I looked the St James school's website said that the boys were taught to lead and the girls were taught to serve. You're in the cadet core, do the people in charge take orders from you?

Shout wrote:- The SES superiors decide what SES subordinates do

If you think this isn't true I can show you letters to prove it most certainly is.

Shout wrote:- SES helps people out by giving them jobs in it's schools because they are members

When we were at school at least one of the less financially affluent parents worked in the kitchens to get discounted school fees. And the specific parent I can remember the name of was not ashamed to admit it. And you might be able to answer this one: were the headships at the schools ever advertised in an educational publication such as the TES?

Shout wrote:- The teachers, whether or not named in Townend's shabby report are being protected by St James because they are SES members

Unproven but can you prove otherwise. Bearing in mind that the teachers from that time were all SES...

My point is Sam that you have labelled everything Shout says as being lies when it is easy to prove that at least some of what he says is true. The rest you don't back up with facts and evidence. Exactly which bits are you complaining about or are you just trying to wind people up like an immature school boy...?

sugarloaf

Postby sugarloaf » Thu May 04, 2006 9:49 pm

daska wrote
And you might be able to answer this one: were the headships at the schools ever advertised in an educational publication such as the TES?

Thats an interesting one. Can anyone shed any light on exactly what the appointment process was for appointing Moss, Hyde and of course Boddy?

One would presume if the mismanagement and negligence was in fact all in the past, then they would have adhered to standards of best practice when appointing heads - or at the very least, the minimum basic requirements for satisfactory management and governance.

can anyone clarify what the process of appointment was? particularly Boddy who was appointed only a year ago. (it certainly cant have been his CV that impressed them - whoever 'they' are)

Shout

Postby Shout » Thu May 04, 2006 10:43 pm

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”