Moving schools - taking a child out of St James

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Saint James

school alternatives

Postby Saint James » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:30 pm

are there any good schools which still have free spaces for St James school victims in West London ?

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:34 pm

Nope, bad luck!
Local schools dont give sympathy places out to kids who dont have anything wrong with them!
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:36 am

Jack Boot Sam strikes again I see.

Sam - do you recall at all there are two parents here who both feel the SES day schools have damaged their children? And those two parents are in contact with other parents who feel the same.

Yes, damaged kids is such a laughing matter.
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

BoeingDriver

Postby BoeingDriver » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:13 pm

Only 4 weeks to go, Sam?

How did the exams go?

In about five weeks you are probably going to have your first taste of the the big-wide-world as it really is, without the hallowed halls of St. James to run off to and hide in.

You will go from being a big fish in a very small pond to being an amoeba in the ocean.

You will discover that the world doesn't owe you a living, that you have to work for everything you get, the respect of others included.

I read something the other day that I'll pass on to you:

"It is nice to be important, but it is far more important to be nice."

Life has a tendency to swat 'snot-gobbling little smart-arses' down fairly quickly. Their importance is largely in their own minds - "legends in their own lunchtimes". Some do reach 'true' importance but it is usually very short lived and is never remembered, the only thing that sticks in peoples' minds is that so-and-so is, and always has been, a 's-g-l-s-a".

So, Sam, always remember to say please and thank-you, always be polite and courteous to others, be nice to animals and be true to, and have respect for, yourself.

It's the small things that matter - without them the 'big picture' can never be painted.

My apologies to you, Sam, if it sounds like I'm trying to teach Granny to suck eggs, but my intentions are sincere and I wish you all the very best and every success in this next phase of your life.

Good luck and best wishes.

anti_ses

Re: school alternatives

Postby anti_ses » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:32 am

Saint James wrote:are there any good schools which still have free spaces for St James school victims in West London ?

Sam Hyde wrote:Nope, bad luck!
Local schools dont give sympathy places out to kids who dont have anything wrong with them!

Sam's answering rudeness with rudeness (I don't think James' snide remark can be taken any other way - I can't believe he/she expects an answer here). I don't agree with Sam's reaction, but I don't see how you can criticize him without criticizing James. I think BoeingDriver's words on politeness could equally well be applied to James.

Saint James

snide remark

Postby Saint James » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:25 pm

I don't think James' snide remark can be taken any other way - I can't believe he/she expects an answer here).
If you don't try, you don't get... I see this as a fully plausible question. There could always be a school which feels sympathy

Return to “St James and St Vedast”