MONEY AND SEX TARNISH INDIAN GURU IMAGE

Discussion of cults generally - not specifically related to the SES or its related organisations.
Justice

MONEY AND SEX TARNISH INDIAN GURU IMAGE

Postby Justice » Wed May 21, 2008 2:00 pm

There is an interesting article in The Times today on crooked Indian Hindu 'Gurus' and how the Indian authorities are trying to crack down on these sleazy scumbags.

You can see it at:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 972592.ece

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Fri May 23, 2008 7:50 pm

And here's the great Sanal Edamuruku making "India's most powerful tantrik" look very silly indeed. So much for the power of Sanskrit!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Sanal+Edamuruku&search_type=

Merry

Postby Merry » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:20 am

You really think that's got anything to do with Sanskrit? Please!!!

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:03 pm

Merry, as I understand it, the guy is intoning Sanskrit as part of his bizarre attempt to kill Sanal Edamaruku. Am I wrong?

Merry

Postby Merry » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:53 am

Tom,
Whether he's intoning Sanskrit, English, French, Double Dutch or incomprehensible Geordie - that really has nothing to do with the fact that he's bonkers!

He's bonkers - don't blame Sanskrit (which I never got on with) for being bonkers!

He's bonkers - Full stop! Non story.

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:07 pm

Merry, here's part of what leon posted two years ago on the subject of the supposed mystical properties of Sanskrit:
leon wrote:From my old books, St James and SES.

"the study of Sanskrit is necessary if we are to understand our relationship to creation. The whole of creation is embodied in sound. The language of Sanskrit is a reflection of this unfolding in the universe."

"OM represents the sounding will of the Absolute, it sustains upholds and contains the creation. When the sound is withdrawn the universe dissolves. OM cannot be heard by the mind or the senses. if we divide OM into three parts the first is a reflection of the universal unchanging and indestructible, and carries expansive consciousness. The second part sustains, creates and dissolves creation. The last part contains all the names and forms of creation. The total carries the universal and unending feeling of existence. we study sanskrit to find our way back to the absolute."

"Sanskrit helps us to speak the truth. It is the only language that will enable a man to find his way back to the absolute.
Sound starts in the causal world and cannot be heard by the ears. Sanskrit is the nearest language to the causal world.
We must always listen to the "Sanskrit AH" in the voice- it is always there, even in everyday language. It is soothing and restful. It has the ability to penetrate the listener." Sound a short "Ah" and take it inward to sound within. What happens? Add ("M") this is the sense of existence of "I AM"

"This OHM regulates the whole creation. The swara countain all sounds. Swara is absolute, only consonants manifest"

"The sixteen Swara are the sixteen measure of the universe. It is rare for a man to develop more than 4 Shakti, and this over a period of many lives. Mozart developed only one. a fully realised man has developed all 16."

"It is in the first 16 years of life that real development takes place. after 16 there is no further possibility of real spiritual development in the course of the particular embodiment. (incarnation).
"Speech is the bridge from the heavenly world to the physical world.
It is the purest reflection of the most natural language. the universe was created according to sound and in order to know this we must understand the naturl language."

"The power of sound is great. the first part of OHM carries forth the outward breath
which carries sound, digests food and is the sound that is inhaled by everyone else. Sound the Mantra and take it inwards.

Mantras transform the physical world into the subtle world. Mantras allows space to form in the mind. Mantras can create castles before our eyes and heal the sick. Because of mans weakness in the iron age this knowledge is hidden.
We swallow on the outward breath.

with a straight back and head erect , rest and be still.
Center the attention on (atah) without repeating it. (note this practice should run for 5 minutes)
Terminate this with (ETEE)

"become aware of the presence of myself and sink deeply into myself.
Remaining at rest and without mmoving or opening the eyes, allow the attention to expand as far as it will go. (pause)"

"(pra) appears to be located in the navel. although it seems absurd to talk about consciousness located in the navel, the absolute has to take a position. for this purpose, the absolute takes its stand in the navel""

Who's more bonkers - that Tantrik bloke in the video or the SES people who dreamt up the stuff in leon's notebooks?

Return to “Cults and religious organisations generally”